At Sunset Cleaning Solutions Limited (we, us, Sunset Cleaning Solutions Ltd), we understand that your privacy is very important to you. That’s why we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all users of our website and any other services we provide (“our Services”).
Please read this entire policy carefully. When registering an account, or using our website and services, you are agreeing to the practices described below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Sunset Cleaning Solutions Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, with registered company number 11909287, whose registered office is located at International House, 12 Constance Street, E16 2DQ. If you don’t understand any parts of the policy or you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at info@sunsetcleaningsolutions.
Our commitment to privacy
We want Sunset Cleaning Solutions to not only stand for an exceptional experience, but to also be among the first to set the new standard in data protection regulations. We have adopted the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) to ensure that we fully comply with the principles of national and international data protection laws. We have established the following data protection principles as our guidelines:
1. Lawfulness, fairness and transparency of data processing
Your personal data will be collected and processed in a legal, fair, and transparent manner.
2. Purpose and storage limitation
The personal data we collect serves an explicit and a legitimate purpose and will not be stored by us for any longer than is necessary.
3. Data minimisation
Any personal data that we use will be adequate, up to date, and only limited to what is necessary for us and our partners to provide any of the offered services.
The personal data we have on file will be the correct, complete, and updated (if necessary) information that you have personally provided us with. Suitable steps will be taken to ensure that inaccurate or incomplete data is either deleted, corrected, supplemented, or updated.
5. Confidentiality and data security
Your personal data will be treated as confidential, and will be kept secure by taking all suitable organisational and technical measures to prevent unauthorised access, illegal processing and distribution, as well as the accidental loss, modification, or destruction of your personal data.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description, details of your household or business, details of any pets you may have and any information about you or your property revealed in photographs and/or video and/or audio recordings of you or your property and any persons or objects therewith which you provide to us or which the service provider takes or records before, during and/or after the provision of the services in accordance with the terms and conditions of the services and any other information that you choose to provide voluntarily, when you:
– register with us and log in through our website
– create an account in our website
– submit a booking enquiry through our website
– make a booking/order through our website
– send feedback to us via our website
– respond to our marketing communications;
– correspond with us by telephone, post or email
– report a problem with any of our Services.
Information that we may collect automatically each time you visit any of our websites
– basic demographic information and preferences (if you opted in for sharing demographic data in your Google Account; technical information, including the type of device) you use, network information, your operating system, the type of browser you use, etc;
How we may use your information
We use the information that you give us:
– to administer any account you may have with us;
– to manage your booking or respond to booking enquiry and to arrange the performance of services by your service provider;
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
– to communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have about us or the Services;
– to notify you about any changes to our Terms or our Services, to communicate any information about your booking with you and to send you any account-related information and announcements;
– to ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and/or device;
– to provide you with information about services we offer that we feel may interest you by post, telephone and email.